Bellevue Hotel is a brand-new, outdoor, family show from Bash Street Theatre Co.
Bellevue Hotel, a brand-new, outdoor, family show from Bash Street Theatre, is set around a dilapidated theatrical boarding house in a seaside town in the 1950s.
It tells the story of landlady Elsie Lovejoy and her battle with the gangster boss of the neighbouring sweet factory who is determined to buy her out.
But ex-showgirl, Elsie is no stranger to adversity, and when she realises her theatrical guests have some useful talents to deploy, they rally round to save her establishment, and together they do battle with the nasty neighbour and his Demolition Men!
With live piano music, silent comedy, a touch of magic and some hair-raising action. Bellevue Hotel is performed in the inimitable, non-verbal, comic style for which Bash Street Theatre has become renowned.
The show features a two-storey hotel and balcony, alongside the towering chimney of the neighbouring factory. This provides several different levels on which the story unfolds, and where the Demolition Men wreak havoc in a dramatic finale.
Bash Street Theatre has toured throughout the UK and extensively in Europe, with performances in France, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Spain, where it won the 'best street theatre' award at the prestigious Fira Tàrrega International Theatre Festival.
The company has also performed at the Macau International Arts Festival in China, the Gwacheon and Gwangju International Theatre Festivals in South Korea; and the Bat Yam International Theatre Festival in Israel.
We are looking to form partnerships with commissioners who would like to support and aid the development of this new show.
Basic Technical Requirements
• Performance fee plus travel, accommodation and subsistence.
• Level performing area of 14m x 10m, with a height of at least 7m.
• Access to performing area for unloading, and parking facilities beside the set.
• Access to mains electricity power supply two hours before and after the performance.
• Maximum of 24 meters of safety barriers to be supplied by the promoter (less if we back onto a secure area).
• At least one steward to be supplied by the promoter.
• Show running time 55 minutes approx.
• Get-in time is 3 hours.
• Get-out time is 2 hours.
• We have public liability insurance (Indemnity £10,000,000).
Bash Street Theatre Co.
35 Belgravia Street, Penzance
England TR18 2BL
Tel: +44 (0)1736 360795
Roz am Poullou
29690 Locmaria Berrien, France
Tel: +33 (0) 2 98 99 80 32
Ute Classen Kulturmanagement